Imagine you and your family feeling warm and cozy with just the flick of a switch. Having natural gas piped directly into your home means you can say goodbye to chopping wood or that storage tank. Switching to natural gas saves energy and money on your monthly energy bills and more options with other natural gas appliances. There’s never been a better time to make the switch when you take advantage of rebates being offered for a limited time. Listed below is everything you need know to apply for rebates of $1700 for switching to natural gas for a limited time.
- A new or existing Fortis residential customer
- You must convert your home’s oil, wood or propane central heating system to natural gas ( or from oil, wood or propane in a Fortis propane service area ) and the gas service must be converted by
Feb. 28, 2017
- Before applying you must have a valid pre-qualifying code. Codes are available until Dec. 31, 2016 or while quantities last Your new system must be purchased and installed between June 30, 2016 and Feb 28, 2017.
How To Apply
After you complete your application and switch to natural gas service you can apply for the $1700 rebate, remember to apply before Dec 31, 2016.
- Start by reviewing the terms and conditions available on FortisBC website
- Choose and install an eligible Energy Star furnace or boiler and have it installed by a BC Safety Authority licensed gas installer
- Complete the application form including a copy of your invoice showing details of work performed including date, make, model and installation permit number. Note incomplete application will delay the process
Send your completed application and invoice postmarked before March 31, 2017 (registered mail is recommended ) to:
Switch and Shrink Special Offer
PO Box 9090
Surrey, BC V3T5W4
At Flametech Heating we can assist homeowners in Victoria BC through the application process when applying for rebates as well as all your natural gas needs.