Convert to Natural Gas Furnace
Converting your heating system from oil, wood stove, or propane and choosing a high-efficiency natural gas furnace or boiler can help you save money on your heating costs while providing comfort and warmth for your home.
- Program is for existing homes only and is not available for new construction.
- Only one Connect to Gas rebate per appliance or system installed per household.
- You must apply within 60 days of installation.
Connect your home to natural gas, get a pre-qualification code and have an eligible ENERGY STAR® heating system installed to be eligible for a $1,300 rebate.
|ENERGY STAR natural gas heating system||$1,300||
Replace Your Existing Gas Furnace
- You must be a residential FortisBC natural gas customer, with natural gas as your primary source of heat.
- Your existing furnace must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour). Emergency replacements of a furnace that is not in working order or is deemed unsafe to operate by a licensed gas contractor is not eligible.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR furnace with a two-pipe direct vent system, as verified by a photograph included with your application.
- Applications must be submitted within 60 days of the installation date.
|95 to 96.9 per cent annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) furnace||$500||Eligible furnaces|
|97 to 99 per cent AFUE furnace||$7001|
Other requirements for high-efficiency furnace rebates
Your new furnace must have two-pipe direct venting. One pipe provides directly vented outside air to the sealed combustion chamber, while the second sealed pipe directs exhaust gases outside. This system improves the efficiency and lifespan of the equipment as well as the comfort of your home.